Morris County Guardianship Lawyer

Legal guardianships may be established to care for minor children, special needs adult children and incapacitated adults. While it is possible to establish guardianships in emergency situations, it is better for all parties if guardianships are set up before an emergency arises.

Our Morris County guardianship attorneys can help your family plan ahead and create guardianships. We can also help you when an emergency illness or injury incapacitates an adult. Attorney Thomas N. Torzewski has experience serving as a court-appointed conservator and guardian for minors and incapacitated adults. He has experience with complex cases involving contested guardianships and elder law as well.

As A Guardian, You Can Make Medical, Financial And Legal Decisions

We represent parents applying to be the guardians of their adult special needs children. At age 18, people are legally considered adults, regardless of their ability to make legal, financial and health care decisions. To legally and properly care for your child after age 18, you will need to establish a guardianship.

We can also help you create a guardianship to protect the interests of an elderly or incapacitated adult. Adults may be temporarily or permanently incapacitated by injury, illness or dementia. If they cannot make or communicate important decisions, they need a trusted party to act and advocate on their behalf. When there are no financial and health care powers of attorney in place, the court can appoint a guardian to make these decisions.

As a legal guardian, you can stop physical abuse, financial abuse and undue influence of an elderly loved one. You can also ensure that the ward is receiving appropriate health care and daily care.

Please speak with us to learn more about how a guardianship can help your family.

Contact A Morristown Conservatorship Attorney

To schedule an appointment, please call 973-532-2868 or contact us online.